This year was a huge transition year for my life and my business. My husband and I moved to our new home state of Pennsylvania and my husband started a new job.
And my business moved away from design work completely!
You might have seen that now I only work with clients through my membership site, Creative Biz U, and through one-on-one coaching/consulting. So I took down all of my web design packages and started transitioning everything over to this new method of working with clients through consulting. And I couldn’t be happier.
My web design business had turned into something that I resented and I didn’t even know it until it was too late. But the changes that I’ve made, although they’ve taken a lot of work, are changes that I’m very happy about.
And that brings us to 2019!
You might be wondering what’s in store for me and what things I’ll be focusing on, and I’m super excited to share it all with you.
I’ve taken some time to reflect on 2018 and to question what did and didn’t work for me. Now that I’ve taken the time to do that, I feel like I’m ready to tackle the new year ahead.
My 3 Personal Focuses for 2019:
Last year, I wrote a post about my goals and in it, I included my three focuses for the year. The three focuses are something that my friend Amanda Howell created back in 2017 and I decided to give it a try too.
I really enjoyed the clarity that I had when approaching my creativity by having only three focuses, that I decided to move forward with the three focus challenge again in 2019.
Here’s what I’ll be focusing on:
- Creative Writing– One of my biggest goals in life is to write fiction. Last year, I wanted to work on my writing habit, but I didn’t really include creative writing. In 2019, that’s all going to change. I will focus at least half of my time on creative writing in the new year. Right now, I’m batching my content for the new year, so I can free up the time to start writing fiction. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time.
- Painting with gouache– I bought a set of gouache paints this year and fell in love with them! I want to practice with them on a regular basis so that’s why this is on the list! This year, I focused on painting with acrylics and while I’m not giving that up, I am going to try to learn what painting with gouache is all about.
- Learning how to use Procreate– This year I also got a new iPad with the intention to start creating graphics there, rather than doodling and scanning stuff into the computer. I didn’t anticipate the learning curve that would come with using Procreate so I plan on taking several Skillshare classes on the topic in the new year. I will start adding graphics to my Creative Market shop in the new year, as well.
My 3 Business Focuses for 2019:
At the beginning of 2018, I chose three things to focus on specifically when it comes to my business, besides the three creative focuses.
Two of the three focuses went really well, while the third one I completely let fall off my radar. I hope that in 2019, I can keep all three in the forefront of my mind!
Here’s what I’ll be focusing on:
- Copywriting– I’d like to continue on in my journey to become a better writer overall. The weakest area of writing for me when it comes to my business is sales copy. I’d like to watch a few courses via Skillshare, plus read a few books on the subject matter. And most of all, practice. It’s my hope that I can strengthen this area of my business.
- Presentation– Last year, one thing I focused on in my business was video creation. Over the year, I realized that I’d like to get better with my overall presentation skills and delivery. In 2019, it is my hope to improve my presentation skills so that my classes and content will be easier to learn from.
- Productivity– Lastly, I’d like to focus on my productivity. I’m actually a very productive individual, but I’ve never put in place a morning or evening routine. And I haven’t studied productivity that closely. I just simply grew up in a household where you get the job done. I hope that by focusing on my productivity that I’ll be able to get things done more efficiently.
What else to expect from me in 2019:
I’m excited for what 2019 will bring for my business and want to share what you can expect from me in the new year.
More great content inside of Creative Biz U
Creative Biz U is a membership website for creative entrepreneurs to learn my three-step framework to create consistent income with their creative businesses. In 2019, I plan to continue to create new content for the Creative Biz U members and hope to continue to support the members through weekly office hours and check-ins. The doors will only be open for a few more months!
Coaching one-on-one with clients
I’m looking forward to coaching more ladies through my one-on-one coaching package. This coaching package continues to be one of my favorite ways to work with clients on a deeper and more strategic level. I’m currently booking for January, so if you need extra help make sure to fill out the application!
A new group coaching program to come in mid-March
My newest offering will be a group coaching program that I hope to run for the first time in March. I will take several ladies through this program to help get them to start making money through passive income. More info will be coming on this soon!
New Skillshare classes throughout the year
I currently have a few classes on Skillshare, and can’t wait to add more in the new year. I have several ideas that I’d like to cover when it comes to photography (the main topic that I’ve already started teaching on Skillshare) but I also hope to add in a few other fun topics throughout the year, as well. Have something you want me to cover? Leave your suggestion in the comments below!
I hope to also work on adding more photos and graphics to my Creative Market shop over the year, as well. Besides all of these things, I’m going to be working on a few personal projects over the course of the year.
So there you have it! I’m really looking forward to the new year and can’t wait to see what is to come. Do you have any big goals for 2019? Please feel free to share what you’ll be focused on in the comment section below.
↓ Choose a Graphic Below To Pin For Later! ↓
Leave a Reply